Thursday, April 07, 2005

Disappointed or optimistic?

At least I wasn't rejected. That is what I keep telling myself. There were plenty of people who went through the application process, interviewed, counted the days until April 4th, and then got a letter letting them know that they would not be going to Japan. At least I'm not one of those people.

I just have to wait. There's really nothing that I can do to improve my chances of getting into JET. I'll either find out this summer that I am moving up to the short list or I won't. If I am not moved up, I will just have to find some other way to get to Japan. Emily and I have discussed the possibility of one of us not getting into JET and now it looks like possibility has the chance to become reality. There have to be other English teaching jobs out there. I am going to start researching other programs. I just hope that their application process isn't as elaborate as JET's.

I remain optimistic that I will be upgraded (although I took a couple of days to mope around). I'm actually pretty confident that I will get in, now my major concern is that Emily and I won't be placed in the same prefecture. That would sort of defeat the whole reason for going to Japan in the first place. We want to go together, so that we can have an adventure together.

No comments: