Emily and I had dinner at La Dolce Vida last night. Tonight I'm making tuna melt sandwiches, which Seth Cohen and Anna Stern used to eat during the first season of the OC.
Oops, did I just admit that I watch the OC? Alright, I have a confession to make:
I am a fan of the OC.
I tried to ignore it for months, but Emily's constant viewing and re-viewing of her season 1 and season 2 DVDs eventually got the best of me. I finally sat down and watched an episode with her. Then I watched the entire first season...this weekend.
Now I have a crush on Kelly Rowan. Who cares if she is 11 years older than me? I also totally think Summer is hot! Mmmmm......Rachel Bilson.
It's embarrassing, I know. I didn't mean for it to happen. It just kind of took over my life and before I knew it I was hooked and couldn't stop. This isn't a cry for help; It is more an admission of guilt.
I need to stop.
I have given my life up to OC Anonymous' 12 step program:
1. We admitted we were powerless over the OC; that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than Peter Gallagher's eyebrows could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to people that were more beautiful than us as we understood them.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of each of the OC's minor characters.
5. Admitted to ourselves, to another OC fan, and to a rich girl with blonde highlights the exact nature of why the OC is the greatest drama EVER.
6. Were entirely ready to have McG ignore all of the characters' defects and inconsistencies from season to season.
7. Humbly asked Him to ignore Julie Cooper's shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons Ryan Atwood punched, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, unless it gets in the way of Ryan scoring with hot rich girls.
10. Continued to take personal inventory of every major and minor character and when we were wrong promptly post it on the Internet.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with the OC, as we understood it, praying only for knowledge of what will happen in the next episode.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other OC-aholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Tags: the OC, rachel bilson, peter gallagher