Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year's Eve

Last New Year's Eve I was on a Blue Train between Ueno Station in Tokyo and Takaoka. The year before that I was sitting in my apartment with Chicago Steve. The two years before that I was at work at the Cheesecake Factory and the two years before that I was at work at Wolfgang Puck Cafe. Basically what I'm trying to say is that it has been a while since I've been able to go out for New Year's Eve.

I decided that this year would make up for the last 6 years. And OMG did it ever!

My first stop was my first cousin Ike Cabrera's house. As I type this I realize that this was the first time I've ever spent a New Year with the Villagomez family (brothers excluded). Cool!

Matilde IgitolHey Mom, do you recognize Matilde?

I left Ike's house around 9:30 to go over to Cinta's Mom's house in Koblerville.

I need to start charging those kids a nickel everytime they say my name. Seriously. All night it was Angelo, Angelo, Angelo...

That's right we sang karaoke! Hit me baby one more time? No problem!

So do you like my Christmas present? It is hanging around my neck in these pictures. I wore it all night, only taking it off right before I went into Grand Hotel...

...which is where the real fun began.

As I drove up Beach Road towards Susupe, the night sky was lit up like I was in Baghdad on the day of the "Liberation." People in every other parking lot along the road were shooting off fireworks in every direction.

I found the first parking space I could, well, OK, I really just pulled up on the sidewalk and ran into Grand Hotel to the sounds of 53, 52, 51, 50...

I found EJ, Osang, and Brad and then grabbed the first tray of champagne I saw.

4, 3, 2, 1...and then things got insane!

Oscar Yema did an amazing job throwing that party. A.R.T. was up on stage jamming away, while Saipan Grand shot fireworks off the roof, Navy guys shot fireworks off the beach, and everyone went around hugging and kissing each other.

Then it was off to Club V to dance the night away. Along the way I managed to pick up two Japanese tourists. One girl would yell, "Hapi Nu Yea" to which the other would reply, "kurezi giru!" Good times!

Club V was open until 4 AM on New Year's Eve. The rest of the night was a mix of spilling champagne, dancing, and trying to figure out what the hell the two Japanese girls were saying.

Resound and A.R.T.? Simply amazing! I think Anchel said it best the next day when she told me, "I was drunk last night."

No kidding?

At one point all of the guys in Resound were half naked on stage. Like I said, good times, good times...and no I'm not posting pictures of it.


OK, I've come to the realization that I'm not going to post proper chronological recollections of my New Year's festivities. Here are some random photos:

Shake that assOscar YemaResound Band SaipanResound Band SaipanResound Band SaipanThe three straight nights at Club V were a frickin blast! Three more pictures and I'll call this a wrap. This is what Diana does every time she wants to drive her car:

Diana FelixNow, allow me to share with you a photo that I took on the first day of 2006, when I woke up in Takaoka-shi, Toyama-ken in the Hokuriku region of Japan:

Takaoka SnowThis is a photo I took on the first day of 2007, when I woke up in Saipan in the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands:

Saipan RainbowQuite a change of scenery, huh?

1 comment:

mom said...

I recognized her! Hi Doll!