Alright, alright. I was tagged by Steve and Missy and Yvonne. Here is goes, 7 random facts about Angelo:
1. I am one of eight children (that my parents know about). My father had Tiana from his first marriage; His marriage to my mother, his second and her first, resulted in Alex and me; My father's third marriage resulted in Abraham, Solomon, and Ramon (Memong); and my mother's second marriage resulted in Kevin and Catie.
2. I have lived on three continents (North America, Europe, and Asia) and visited a fourth. I plan to visit all seven continents before I die. I should probably get Australia out of the way while I'm living on this side of the world.
3. When I was in the second grade or so, my Mom took my brother Alex and me, to a haunted house at the Worcester Science Center (I think it is called the New England Science Center now) for Halloween. There was a palm reader or some sort of psychic and she told me that I was really good at sports. At that point in my life I was the kid who always got picked last to be on the kickball team. At the time I thought she was a fraud. Who knew that one day I'd get five varsity letters and play on the frickin' CNMI National Football Team! (I don't think I've ever relayed that story to anyone)
4. I took 5 AP classes my Senior year of high school and got a 1470 on the SAT (when I took the test there was no writing section, so it was scored out of 1600, not 2400). I got a 3 in AP English and a 4 in AP Physics, AP Chemistry, AP Psychology, and AP Calculus I. AP English was the last English class I ever took; My ACT was so high that I placed out of English in college. Considering I haven't taken an English class since I was 17, it is ironic that I now spend most of my days writing. When I was at the University of Richmond I failed two classes and received several D's, proving that test scores do not accurately predict success in college. When I got my second degree at Rollins College, my lowest grade was a B- (thanks, Pedro!). My proudest (academic) moment at Rollins College was when I got a 111 on my Ecology mid-term. My grade was a good 30 points higher than the next grade.
5. I've been fired from two jobs.
6. In the fifth grade my Social Studies classroom had a poster with a picture of every single US president. One day I decided to blacken out some of George H.W. Bush's teeth and to draw a bandage and a mustache on his head. I got in trouble for being "disrespectul." That was the beginning of my political career.
7. One day I was hiking with my father along the shallow water between Paupau Beach and Wing Beach. I noticed that a hotel had installed concrete stairs over the limestone rocks to make it easier for the tourists to get to the water. I told my father that I thought that the cliffs should have been left natural, that the tourists would enjoy their visit more if they had to climb down the rocks. He told me that was the reason that I had to come back to Saipan. That was the beginning of my environmental career.
Is that OK? Alright, I tag Steve, Amy, John Coggin Honda, Tony, Alex, Mom, and Laura.